– Marine and wet locations
– A wide range of industrial, chemical processing and other areas where flammable gases and vapors or combustible dusts are present under conditions defined by the National Electrical Code as Class I, Division 2; Class II, Division 1 and 2; and Class III.
– Areas of low clearance, low ceiling heights or where fixture weights must be minimized
– For Zone 2, the method of protection is AExnAnR – Restricted Breathing / Non-sparking or AExnR – Restricted Breathing.
– Non-hazardous locations where severe weather conditions, excessive moisture, dirt, dust, corrosive atmosphere or high ambient temperatures are encountered.
Typical applications include:
– Pulp and paper mills
– Processing plants
– Chemical plants
– Oil refineries
– Manufacturing plants
– Storage areas
– Waste and sewage treatment
– Parking garages
– Other areas where dust, water, dirt and rough usage are a problem